Most people find gas powered leaf blowers annoying, but many people don’t know how dangerous they are to our health and the health of our children. Please join us and help to eliminate gas powered leaf blowers and make our neighborhoods quieter and safer.
Here’s what you can do
- Join our newsletter and Facebook group for up to date information about how to help the effort and for updates on the progress we are making.
- Sign and share our petition to lobby Portland and Oregon legislators to pass a ban on gas powered leaf blowers.
- Download our brochure and share it with your neighbors and friends.
- Share this information on Nextdoor.com – people care about what their neighbors say.
- Ask your landscaping company to switch to electric powered equipment – more contractors are starting to move away from gas powered equipment – tell them that you care about our air and their health! Here is a letter you can use.
- Hire a landscape contractor that is committed to gas free maintenance – here is is a list of contractors who will provide great lawn care using no gas powered equipment.
- Replace your own gas powered equipment with safer tools – find more information here.
- Practice healthy yard care – sometimes doing less work can actually be better for your yard – find out more about eco friendly yard care here.
- Find out about other organizations who are working to eliminate gas powered leaf blowers – this is a national movement.
- Learn about cities that have already banned their use – we hope to add Portland to this list!